The SM86 is ideal for a lead vocal artist. It is most suited for performances on stage but is equally at home for use in the studio.
The SM86 has a condenser microphone for studio quality sound and a cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimising unwanted background noise, making it ideal if working with stage monitors and in-ear monitors.
It has an extended high frequency response of 15Hz – 18kHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 124dB. The built-in three point shock mount minimises handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath “pop” noise.
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimises unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal in-ear monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimises handling noise
- Two-stage "pop" filter reduces wind and breath noise
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 18 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -50,0 dBV/Pa / 3,15 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise:
- Sound Pressure:
- Weight: 278 g