The SM81 is the perfect choice for a professional musician or sound engineer who is looking to mic up acoustic instruments such as acoustic guitar, piano and cymbals.
It can ideally be used on stage and because of its high quality is also at home in the recording studio.
The SM81 has a flat response curve for accurate reproduction of the sound source and can also be modified via a bass roll off switch.
The 0dB/10bB lockable attenuator switch gives you even more flexibility when miking up loud sound sources and it has a cardioid polar pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimising handling noise.
- 0 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Flat response curve for accurate reproduction of sound sources
- Low noise and high output clipping level
- Low distortion over a wide range of load impedances
- Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetric about axis, providing maximum rejection and minimum colouration of off-axis sounds
- Low RF susceptibility
- Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6 or 18 dB/octave rolloff
- 0 dB/10 dB lockable attenuator switch
- Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc)
- Rugged steel construction for durability
- Field-usable over wide range of temperature and humidity conditions
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -45,0 dBV/Pa / 5,6 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise:
- Sound Pressure:
- Pad off: 136 dB
- Pad on: 146 dB
- Weight: 230 g