Multi-purpose Premier bi-directional ribbon microphone crafted with matched polar pattern symmetry.
The KSM353 is best suited to intimate vocal applications.
Ribbon microphones are renowned for being extremely delicate. The KSM353’s high-tensile strength, toughness and shape memory of Roswellite™ ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons for superior resilience at extreme SPLs and allows the microphone to be more durable.
The KSM313/ED and KSM353/NE microphones are both hand assembled in the USA from state-of-the art transducers, transformers and metals.
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier, completely symmetrical audio with superior off-axis rejection
- Revolutionary Roswellite™ proprietary ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high tensile strength, toughness and shape memory that provides superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Custom ribbon motor assembly tailors bass response without attenuating the overall output for full low and mid ranges, and superior upper range presence from a rising frequency response
- Double-shielded matched full-sized transformer minimises signal loss and maximises output while reducing magnetic and RF interference from 90 degree placement, offset relative to the ribbon
- 146 dB SPL across 30 – 15,000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing fast transients in vocals, acoustic instruments and concert halls
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction from hand-assembly of machined steel, silver, gold and aluminium materials, and housed in a pure stainless steel casing
- Spring-loaded suspension shock mount for flexible, fully-isolated stand mounting
- Upright protective wood case included for storage when not in use
- Transducer Type : Ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Bidirectional
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 15 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -53,5 dBV/Pa / 2,11 mV/Pa
- Sound Pressure: 146 dB
- Weight: 633 g