Shure BETA 98/SBETA 98/S
The Shure BETA 98/S is a premium instrument microphone which is ideal for use with a variety of instruments such as drums, conga, piano, reed, wind and string in both stage and studio applications.
It has a tailored frequency response of 20Hz – 20KHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 125dB. It has a supercardioid pickup pattern providing high gain before feedback.
A seperate in-line preamplifier is included as well as a 25ft detatchable cable to go between the pre-amp and the mic. The pre-amp output is through a male XLR socket, and requires phantom power.
This mic is also available with a drum mount. See Beta 98D/S.
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Optional A98D drum mount is unobtrusive and versatile, allowing precise positioning of the microphone while holding it firmly in place
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -59 dBV/Pa / 1,1 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise:
- Sound Pressure:
- 156 dB (@ 1 kΩ)
- 160 dB (@ 2,5 kΩ)
- Weight: 12 g