MOTU Digital PerformerDigital Performer
MOTU Digital Performer is a full-featured Digital Audio Workstation/Sequencer software, delivers inspirational features devised to ignite your creative muse.
Spark your creativity, then refine your mix all in a singular workflow.
- Now included with DP, MX4 is a powerful 64-bit virtual instrument plug-in featuring a hybrid synthesis engine that combines several forms of synthesis, including subtractive, wavetable, frequency modulation (FM), amplitude modulation (AM) and analogue emulation. Included is a new EDM-inspired soundbank with 120 new presets.
Five new plug-ins
- Meticulously crafted plug-ins include DP's new MasterWorks™ FET-76™ emulation of the classic 1176LN limiting amplifier (Revision D/E), MultiFuzz™ model of Craig Anderton's seminal QuadraFuzz™ distortion kit from the 70's, MicroG™ and MicroB™ polyphonic octave generators for guitar and bass, and the mind-blowing MegaSynth™ subtractive synth processor.
Automation lanes in the Sequence Editor
- Display audio and MIDI automation data (volume, pan, plug-in settings, etc.) in separate lanes below each track for easier viewing and editing. Show and hide as many lanes as you wish.
Spectrogram display in the Sequence Editor
- View the spectral content of each audio track, side by side with their waveforms, directly in the Sequence Editor timeline with a colourful, informative visual representation of the frequency content of your audio material.
Retina display support
- View DP's carefully crafted UI themes like Carbon Fiber, Producer and the all-new DP9 theme in stunning detail on the exceptionally high image resolution of your Mac's Retina display.
- Export your DP QuickScribe notation scores as a MusicXML file, which can then be imported into popular music notation applications like Finale™ and Sibelius™. QuickScribe's renowned notation transcription, along with dynamics and many other musical symbols, are preserved during the file transfer. Create Tracks command Add many tracks to your project in one step - even different types of tracks (MIDI, audio, aux, master faders, etc.) all at once.
Floating plug-in windows
- Keep plug-in windows in front of all other DP windows. Set the floating preference globally or choose to float on a per-window basis.
MIDI Learn for audio plug-ins
- Map knobs, faders and switches on your MIDI controller to audio plug-in parameters. Use Digital Performer's powerful Custom Consoles feature to access advanced programming for the connection.
Mute MIDI Notes
- Use the Mute Tool to temporarily silence both audio regions and MIDI notes, including multiple selected notes.
- Save text notes in your DP project, rather than a separate text document. Log production info, keep a To Do list, build up liner notes. More searching Find Markers, Chunks and plug-in preferences faster with newly added search fields.