Martin Audio CDD8W 8" Passive SpeakerCDD8W
The CDD8W in white is an ultra-compact two-way passive loudspeaker system with an integrated 8” (200mm) LF/1” (25mm) exit HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver which can be easily rotated for horizontal or vertical orientation depending on venue design requirements. Its small size gives no indication of its high output capability.
As a stand-alone loudspeaker, it has a multitude of applications and can also be incorporated as an infill loudspeaker in distributed systems using larger CDD models, such as the CDD12 and CDD15.
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD8 delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The visually-distinctive enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the enclosure allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall or ceiling by means of optional wall and ceiling brackets.
A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD8 may be used without a controller. However, the EQ and limiter functions of a controller such as the Martin Audio DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2, or an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP will maximise its capabilities. When used with a CSX subwoofer, crossover and EQ functions can either be performed by the DX0.5, DX1.5 and DX2 system controllers, or by an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP option.
- Ultra-compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free perforated steel grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Discreet mounting accessories
- Finished in White
- TYPE: Ultra-compact, Coaxial Differential Dispersion passive two-way system
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 70Hz-20kHz ± 3dB, -10dB @ 55Hz
- DRIVER LF: 8” (200mm)/2” (50mm) voice coil, long excursion, shared ferrite motor system with HF. HF: 1” (25mm) exit/1.4” (38mm) voice coil, polyimide dome compression driver
- RATED POWER: 200W AES, 800W peak
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER: MA2.8Q, MA2.0
- SENSITIVITY: 94dB
- MAXIMUM SPL: 117dB continuous, 123dB peak
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- DISPERSION (-6dB): 110˚-80˚ horizontal, 60˚ vertical (user-rotatable)
- CROSSOVER: 2.3kHz passive
- ENCLOSURE: 14 litre, composite material
- FINISH: White textured paint
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE: White perforated steel with scrim cloth backing
- CONNECTORS: Low profile 13A push-lock
- PIN CONNECTIONS: Left to right: Input+, Input -, Link -, Link +
- FITTINGS: 6 x M6 inserts for wall/ceiling brackets
- DIMENSIONS: (W) 256mm x (H) 410mm x (D) 253mm (W) 10.1ins x (H) 16.1ins x (D) 10ins
- WEIGHT: 9.5kg (21lbs)
- ACCESSORIES: CDDWB6/8W wall bracket white, CDDCB6/8W ceiling bracket white
Manufacturer: Martin Audio