Martin Audio CDD6W 6.5" Passive SpeakerCDD6W
The ultra-compact CDD6W in white is a two-way passive loudspeaker system designed to fulfil the requirement for full-frequency dynamic performance from a very small enclosure.
Featuring a 6.5” (165mm) LF/1” (25mm) HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver, its extremely small size and sleek lines make it ideal for visibly-unobtrusive applications. It can also be used as a fill system in conjunction with larger CDD Series models and, with the addition of a CSX subwoofer, can reproduce surprisingly high levels of music program.
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD6 delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage pattern projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The visually-distinctive enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the enclosure allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall or ceiling by means of optional wall and ceiling brackets.
A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD6 may be used without a controller. However, the EQ and limiter functions of a controller such as the Martin Audio DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2, or an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP will maximise its capabilities. When used with a CSX subwoofer, crossover and EQ functions can either be performed by the DX0.5, DX1.5 and DX2 system controllers, or by an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP option.
- Ultra-compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free perforated steel grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Discreet mounting accessories
- Finished in White
- TYPE: Ultra-compact, Coaxial Differential Dispersion passive two-way system
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 80Hz-20kHz ± 3dB, -10dB @ 70Hz
- DRIVER LF: 6.5” (165mm)/1.5” (38mm) voice coil, long excursion, ferrite motor system. HF: 1” (25mm) voice coil, fabric dome with neodymium motor system
- RATED POWER: 150W AES, 600W peak
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER: MA2.8Q, MA2.0
- SENSITIVITY: 91dB
- MAXIMUM SPL: 113dB continuous, 119dB peak
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- DISPERSION (-6dB): 110˚-80˚ horizontal, 80˚ vertical (user-rotatable)
- CROSSOVER: 2.5kHz passive
- ENCLOSURE: 9 litre, composite material
- FINISH: White textured paint
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE: White perforated steel with scrim cloth backing
- CONNECTORS: Low profile 13A push-lock
- PIN CONNECTIONS: Left to right: Input+, Input -, Link -, Link +
- FITTINGS: 4 x M6 inserts for wall/ceiling brackets
- DIMENSIONS: (W) 210mm x (H) 325mm x (D) 210mm (W) 8.3ins x (H) 12.8ins x (D) 8.3ins
- WEIGHT: 5kg (11lbs)
- ACCESSORIES: CDDWB6/8B wall bracket black, CDDWB6/8W wall bracket white, CDDCB6/8B ceiling bracket black, CDDCB6/8W ceiling bracket white
Manufacturer: Martin Audio