Martin Audio CDD6TX-WR 6.5" Passive SpeakerCDD6BTX-WR
The CDD6TX-WR in white is a weatherised two-way passive micro speaker incorporating a 70V/100V line transformer and designed for discreet positioning in architectural installations including bars, museums, foyers, concourses, exhibition centres and Houses of Worship.
As well as outdoor applications where it will be subject to changing environmental conditions, but sheltered from direct exposure to the elements. It can also be used as a fill system in conjunction with larger CDD Series models and, with the addition of a CSX subwoofer, can reproduce surprisingly high levels of music program.
It features a 6.5” (165mm) LF/1” (25mm) HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver inside an elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure with a dual cable gland for easy daisy-chaining of cabinets without the need for external breakout boxes.
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CD6TX-WR delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience to distribute sound evenly front-to-back, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up.
Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response in the crossover region associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The visually-distinctive enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the enclosure allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall or ceiling by means of the supplied omni-directional bracket or an optional close-mount ceiling bracket.
CDD6TX-WR features a water and particle resistant grille made from zinc plated mild steel with powder coated finish and is suitable for operating temperatures between -20°C to +70°C and environmentally tested to meet IP54 .
A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD6TX-WR may be used without a controller. However, the EQ and limiter functions of a controller such as the Martin Audio DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2, or an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP will maximise its capabilities. When used with a CSX subwoofer, crossover and EQ functions can either be performed by the DX0.5, DX1.5 and DX2 system controllers, or by an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP option.
- Ultra-compact, CDD6 passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- Outdoor operation when sheltered from direct exposure to elements
- Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C
- Environmentally tested to meet IP54
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free water and particle resistant grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Discreet weatherised mounting accessories
- 70V/100V line transformer
- Finished in Black
- TYPE: Ultra-compact, Coaxial Differential Dispersion passive two-way system
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 80Hz-20kHz ± | -10dB @ 70Hz
- RATED POWER: 150W AES, 600W peak
- SENSITIVITY: 91dB
- MAXIMUM SPL: 113dB continuous, 119dB peak | 6.2W=99dB, 12.5W=102dB, 25W=105dB, 50W=108dB
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- DISPERSION (-6dB): 110°-80° horizontal, 80° vertical (user-rotatable)
- CROSSOVER: 2.5kHz passive
- CONNECTORS: Low profile 13A push-lock, weatherproof input panel cover with dual cable glands
- PIN CONNECTIONS: Left to right: Input+, Input -, Link -, Link +
- LF: 6.5” (165mm)/1.5” (38mm) voice coil, long excursion, ferrite motor system
- HF: 1” (25mm) voice coil, fabric dome with neodymium motor system
- 100V line: 12.5W, 25W, 50W
- 70V line: 6.5W, 12.5W, 25W, 50W
Physical & Dimensions
- ENCLOSURE: 9 litre, composite material
- FINISH: Black
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE: Zinc plated mild steel with powder coated finish and weatherised backing
- FITTINGS: 4 x M6 inserts for wall/ceiling brackets
- DIMENSIONS: (W) 210mm x (H) 325mm x (D) 210mm | (W) 8.3ins x (H) 12.8ins x (D) 8.3ins
- WEIGHT: 6.5kg (14.3lbs)
- CDDWB6/8B wall bracket black
- CDDWB6/8W wall bracket white
- CDDCB6/8B ceiling bracket black
- CDDCB6/8W ceiling bracket white
Manufacturer: Martin Audio