The Avantone CV-95 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to well known mics of similar series...but at a fraction of their cost!
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The classically designed CV-95 mic is able to produce professional results with a clean sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results. The 9 patterns allow the CV-95 to be used in a variety of situations.
With its gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm it has a unique high frequency response that allows recordings to cut through the mix.
The cardioid pattern is generally best used on vocals and single instruments. The omni mode works well in incorporating some room sound into the track. The figure 8 pattern allows 2 vocalists to use the mic at the same time from opposite sides.
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser
- Capsule: Dual-sided 25mm diaphragm (32mm outside diameter) center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Polar Pattern/s: 9 Patterns selectable at PS-1BV Power Supply
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL : 130dB (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Sensitivity: 17mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A weighted EC651)
- S/N Ratio re 1Pa : 78dB
- Sensitivity: -38dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin with special PS-1BV Power Supply and cables
- Included Accessories: Wood Box, Shockmount, 7-pin cable, metal Road Case, PS-1BV Power Supply, foam Wind Screen
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-1BV Power Supply, 115/230VAC selectable
- Weight: .8kg / 1.8 lb.
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm (9.5" x 1.8")
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body