The U853RU cardioid condenser hanging microphone is ideal for speech, theatre, orchestra and choir sound and recording.
The phantom powered microphone accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine® line cardioid polar patterns.
Its 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- UniLine polar pattern provides narrow 90° acceptance angle
- Superior off axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
- Low profile design with low reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Available in two colours: black (U853RU) and white (U853RWU)
- Element: Fixed charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Line Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 35 dB (17.7 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 135 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 115 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories: AT8154 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8538 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter
Manufacturer: Audio Technica