WesAudio Dione (NG500)DIONE - NG500
The WesAudio Dione (NG500) implements a famous stereo bus compressor design made with best components available on the market.
This unit is fully compatible with GCon protocol which allows complete parameters management over USB or through open specification 500 series frame - TItan.
Besides its vintage and transparent nature, unit itself implements many modern features which brings extreme flexibility to shape your sound - like parallel compression or configurable harmonic distortion.
- Famous stereo bus compressor design with usage of best analogue components
- Compatible with GCon - innovative High-speed USB/Ethernet protocol
- Digitally controlled and isolated analog circuit
- Direct USB connection to control analogue device with usage of VST2/VST3/AAX/AAX DSP/AU plugins
- Hardware A/B settings switch
- Digital sidechain - side chain signal can be sent from the plugin itself (DAW) to the compressor
- 3 touch sensitive encoders allow record automation of particular parameters (Threshold, Mix, Make Up) in DAW
- True bypass
- Accurate analogue GR meter and its precise simulation implemented in the plug-in itself
- THD – harmonic distortion with two modes (Medium & High)
- Mix knob which allows parallel compression
- +24dBu of headroom
- Free software and firmware upgrades
Info about the NG500 Connector:
In addition to the standard 500 series connector, the module features an extra "NG500 connector".
It is designed for use with the Wes Audio TITAN chassis, to carry the Gcon information without the need for additional USB cables connected to the module.
Modules with the NG500 connector can be used with almost all standard 500 series racks.
Modules with NG500 do not work with the following racks:
- Rupert Neve R6
- Rupert Neve R10
- Aphex USB 500 Rack
- Some older BAE racks (not produced anymore)
If you have an incompatible rack, you can request your module without the NG500 connector
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz (0.1dB)
- THD+N (WET): 0.008% (1kHz,0dBu)
- THD+N (DRY): 0.004% (1kHz,0dBu)
- Input impedance: 10kohm
- Output impedance: <100ohm
- Max gain: 21dB
- < -90dB
- Attack: 0.1,0.3,1,3,10,30 (ms)
- Release: 0.1,0.3,0.6,0.9,1.2,Auto (s)
- Ratio: 1.5,2.4.10
- SC Filter: 60,90,150,T1,T2
- THD (MID switch): 1%
- THD (HIGH switch): 4%