Tube-Tech SMC 2B CompressorSMC 2B
The TUBE-TECH SMC 2B Stereo Multiband Compressor features three independent optical stereo compressors.
Combining the effect of wide 3 band level control with individual compression of the three bands creates pure magic, especially on the main mix bus, but also on submixes like drum buss, instrument groups and single tracks.
The SMC2B is one of the few audio processors, that is very hard to bypass, even after a short listening test, and it will tend to stay inserted forever because of the colour and dynamics it can add to your source material.
Try it for mixing, and hear the magic no other compressor can deliver! For Live use the SMC2B is adding quality and musicality to top touring acts.
As an extra bonus feature, SMC2B can also be used to solve / remove annoying frequencies in basses, vocals, etc and it can even be set up as a d-esser.
SMC2B can be very effective when recording very dynamic vocalists without having to spend hours sorting out problems after the recording has been done.
The SMC 2B is one of the most creative and musical audio tools available, and an all-time favourite for countless sound engineers around the world.
- The World’s only all-tube multiband compressor design
- Low distortion optical gain reduction elements
- Frequency response: @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -60 dBU @ 10 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Three bands per channel with variable crossover frequencies
- Variable threshold, ratio, attack and release for all three bands
- Master output gain: Off to +10 dB
- Balance Control (+/-1,5 dB)
- LED display shows compression
- Clickless In/Out relay
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gain Control for each band
- Gold plated switches (SMC 2BM
- In- and outputs are transformer balanced and fully floating
Manufacturer: Tube Tech