Tube-Tech PE 1C Program EqualiserPE 1C
The PE 1C is a passive, all-tube EQ, based on the classic PULTEC EQP 1A design and featuring a passive EQ section and a high quality op amp.
With the original Pultec out of production for decades and used examples demanding sky-high prices, the PE 1C is by far the easiest way to achieve this unique and coveted sound.
The PE 1C low end section combines two separate passive EQ filters with slightly different cut/boost frequencies. When the two sections are combined, this results in truly unique EQ curves, often named the “Low End Trick” and very useful for cleaning up low/mid frequencies.
The high frequency and midrange bands really stand out in terms of transparency and clarity, and the PE 1C is broadly regarded as one of the world’s finest passive tube based equalisers.
- Tube based push-pull amplifier
- Freq. resp. @ -3 dB: 5 Hz - 40 kHz
- Low noise: < -85 dBU @ 0 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- All-tube passive EQ
- 4 LF frequencies: 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz (Boost: 0 to +14 dB, attenuation: 0 to -18 dB)
- 10 HF boosts with variable bandwidth: 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 16 kHz (0 to +18 dB w/ sharp Q, 0 to 10 dB w/ broad Q)
- 3 HF attenuations: 5, 10 and 20 kHz (0 to -18 dB)
- Input impedance: 600Ω
- No insertion loss
- Clickless In/Out switch
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- In- and output are transformer balanced and fully floating