Tube-Tech LCA 2B Compressor/LimiterLCA 2B
The LCA 2B is an all-tube VCA compressor/limiter with two independent, linkable channels.
LCA2B is a true TUBE VCA compressor, using a tube as the VCA.( Voltage controlled amplifier.) This kind of compressor is also known as a Vari Mu compressor.
TUBE-TECH LCA 2B is one of the most powerful and versatile VCA compressors in the market:
LCA 2B is extremely versatile, and it works equally well on vocals, instruments and as a bus compressor.
Due to its very fast and smooth attack it is also perfect for drums and percussion.
There''s literally nothing the LCA 2B can't handle very well:
Powerful bus compression ( It's a dream used for buss compression both inserted and parallel.)
+ fine single instrument and voice compression.
The action of the LCA2B is always easy to hear, so finding the right setting on this compressor is a not complicated.
LCA2B is designed to be the TUBE-TECH equivalent of the Fairchild 670, but only in terms of action, not the actual electronics.
It is designed with the Fairchild in mind, delivering similar action but retaining its transparency or high frequencies, even when pushed to the limit.)
The fixed attack/release constants are duplicates of the Fairchild constants.
When you want even more control, power and wildness than Tube Tech's famous CL1B can deliver, try the LCA 2B.
The LCA2B has found its use in many top live Engineers' touring racks.
- Tube VCA compressor/limiter
- All-tube based push-pull amplifier
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 50 kHz
- Low noise: < -85 dBU @ 10 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Separate compressor and limiter
- Output Gain: -6 dB to +10 dB
- Interconnection of several compressors via two busses
- Clickless In/Out relay
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Inputs and outputs are transformer balanced and fully floating
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Variable ratio (1.6:1 to 20:1)
- Variable threshold (Off to -20 dBU)
- Continuously variable attack and release times
- Choice between 6 presets (Fairchild) and manual attack/release control
- LED Gain reduction display
- Variable threshold (Off to 0 dBU)
- Attack: 0.8 ms - release: 0.5 sec
- Separate Limiter On/Off switch
- LED indication of limiter action
Manufacturer: Tube Tech