Tascam LA-81 MKII Line Level ConverterLA-81MK2
The Tascam LA-81 MKII is an 8-channel line level converter built for studio quality conversion between balanced (+4 dBu/–20 dBu) and unbalanced (–10 dB) line levels, offering the best integration of all types of equipment.
LA-81 MKII has eight balanced XLR inputs and eight unbalanced RCA outputs. Also, the converter has a switch matrix that allows channels to be linked, utilising the unit as a distribution amplifier for splitting signals to multiple recorders, or for multizone sound routing applications.
Switches on the bottom panel allow to select a nominal level of +4 dBu or –20 dBu for each channel and ±12 dB trim pots on the front panel make perfect level matching easy. LEDs on the front panel indicate signal presence for each channel. Ground lift switches are available on each channel or globally for eliminating ground loops.
- Unbalanced connectors: RCA
- Balanced connectors: XLR
- Trim control for fine level adjustment of +/- 12dB
- Signal Present LED per channel
- Input level: +4dBu/-20dBu, Output level: -10dBV, selectable per channel
- Ground Lift switch per channel
- All Lift Switch disables ground connections for entire unit
- Earth terminal
- Dimensions: 19" W x 1.74" H x 11" D (482 x 44 x 280 mm)
- Weight : 6.6lbs (3 kg)