Tascam LA-40 MKIII Line Level ConverterLA-40MK3
The Tascam LA-40 MKIII has been primarily designed to provide matching capabilities between professional equipment and semi-professional or consumer equipment.
It consists of four RCA inputs and outputs (–10 dBV, unbalanced) as well as four XLR inputs and outputs (+4 dBu/–20 dBu, balanced) which enable the user to connect for instance four tracks of a multitrack recorder (ins and outs) to a balanced mixer ensuring optimum level and impedance matching.
Also, a switch matrix allows channels to be linked, utilising the converter as a distribution amplifier for splitting signals to multiple recorders, or for multizone sound routing applications.
Switches on the bottom panel allow to select a nominal level of +4 dBu or –20 dBu for each channel and ±12 dB trim pots on the front panel make perfect level matching easy. LEDs on the front panel indicate signal presence for each channel. The LA-40 MKIII has also ground lift switches for each channel and a combined master switch to avoid ground loops.
- Unbalanced connectors: RCA
- Balanced connectors: XLR
- Trim control for fine level adjustment of +/- 12dB
- Signal Present LED per channel
- Input level: +4dBu/-20dBu, Output level: -10dBV, selectable per channel
- Ground Lift switch per channel
- All Lift Switch disables ground connections for entire unit
- Earth terminal
- Dimensions: 19" W x 1.74" H x 11" D (482 x 44 x 280 mm)
- Weight : 6.6lbs (3 kg)