The DR-70D is a compact audio recorder that allows the aspiring DSLR user to create audio recordings in very high quality in parallel to their film or video shots.
The recorder can be mounted directly between a tripod and the camera or on top of the camera, resulting in a compact package.
With its two built-in microphones, the DR-70D is instantly ready for use in standard situations. In addition, it provides four XLR/TRS combo jacks which can be used to record four channels of audio with excellent sound quality using professional microphones.
Thanks to a camera output the recorder’s stereo signal can be recorded also on the camera to ease subsequent editing of the material in combination with the slate tone function of the recorder. On the other hand you can use the camera input to monitor the audio of the camera using the recorder.
- Two built-in microphones
- 4 XLR/TRS combo jacks allow a wide range of setups
- Built-in mixer with 4 inputs and 2 outputs
- High audio quality through HDDA microphone preamps
- Compact and tough design
- Camera input and output
- Slate tone generator for easy alignment with video files
- Recording media SD cards (64 MB – 2 GB)
- SDHC cards (4–32 GB)
- SDXC cards (64–128 GB)
- Recording/playback formats WAV: 44.1/48/96kHz, 16/24-bit
- BWF: 44.1/48/96kHz, 16/24-bit
- Number of channels 4 maximum (stereo × 2)
- 1/L, 2/R, 3/L, 4/R XLR-3-31, 6.3-mm standard TRS jack
- (can provide phantom power)
- EXT IN 1/2 3.5-mm stereo mini jack
- (can provide plug-in power)
- IN 3.5-mm stereo mini jack
- PHONES 3.5-mm stereo mini jack
- OUT/LINE OUT 3.5-mm stereo mini jack
- USB port Micro-B connector
- Format USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED mass storage class
- REMOTE input 2.5-mm TRS jack