Tascam CD-500B CD PlayerCD-500B
The CD-500B is an extremely compact CD player available as a standard (CD-500) or professional version. The slimline housing comprises a slot-loading drive with reliable brushless motor as well as a full set of functions ideal for small broadcast or recording studios, theatres, touring sound companies, fitness studios or any permanent installation.
Alongside the typical play and repeat modes, the player offers many functions for professional use, such as flash start, auto cue (search for beginning of track), auto ready (automatic pause at the end of a track), call (jump to the position at which playback was last started), pitch control (±16%) including the opportunity to alter the tempo while retaining the key, intro-check or fade-in/fade-out.
In order to be able to integrate into media control devices and into permanent installations, there is a relay play function, fader start or event start capability, EOM signal and a serial port. Furthermore, the device can resume playback after being switched on again and can remember a variety of operating conditions after being switched off.
The professional version (CD-500B) provides the user with an additional XLR balanced analogue output, an AES/EBU digital output and a parallel port.
- Slot-loading mechanism
- RCA unbalanced output
- Optical and Coaxial S/PDIF digital outputs
- All, single, random, A/B and 99-track program play
- Incremental play
- Track elapsed, track remain, disc remain time display
- Call function: return to last play start point
- Intro check
- Fade in/out (0 to 10 sec., in 0.5 sec. steps)
- Power on play
- Frame-accurate search
- Skip back play
- Activate or deactivate the wireless remote
- Relay play with multiple units through 1/8” relay in/out jack
- Index search (CD-DA discs) and directory search (MP3 discs)
- Mono output
- Fader start / event start
- EOM (End of message)
- WAV file (up to 48kHz/16bit) and MP3 file (up to 320kbps VBR) playback
- Headphone output
- RS-232C control
- Wireless remote controller included
- Footswitch input (for optional RC-3F footswitch)