Studio Electronics Modular AMPAMP
The Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular Amp is a 2 stage Class A discrete design using 3 pairs of hand matched transistors.
Envelope is usually applied to ST1/1. ST1/2 goes thru an attenuverter and can be used for envelope or modulation. ST2/1 goes to the 2nd stage, and is typically used for volume control. ST2/2 goes thru an attenuverter and is typically used for modulation.
The AMP Eurorack Module has Class A circuits which draw more current from the +12 rail than from the -12 volt rail. If the system power supply is under-sized, hum or buzz may be heard. In that case, larger filter capacitors and/or a larger power transformer will be needed.
- Two attenuverters and two attenuation pots control the INPUT, ST1 CV2, ST2 CV2, and OUTPUT, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
- Uber useful continuous hypnotic DRONE for endless sustain/release, and DRIVE—the overdrive circuit from the Boomstar desktop—for last stage energy, bite, soft clipping, and gonzo '70's era "Distortion +" crunchy fuzz.
- Six patch points: INPUT, ST1 CV1, ST1 CV2, ST2 CV1, ST2 CV2, OUTPUT direct the deepest manipulation.
All Controls and Switches:
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- ST1 CV2 – Adjusts stage 1, control voltage 2.
- ST2 CV2 – Adjusts stage 2, control voltage 2.
- DRONE – Sustains the last note received.
- DRIVE – Final output stage overdirve/saturation.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- ST1 CV1 – Stage 1, control voltage 1 input.
- ST1 CV2 – Stage 1, control voltage 2 input.
- ST2 CV1 - Stage 2, control voltage 1 input.
- ST2 CV2 – Stage 2, control voltage 2 input.
- OUTPUT – Audio output.
- Size - 8hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 35mA, 12mA (+12 / -12)
Manufacturer: Studio Electronics