Studio Electronics 5089 FilterFilter5089
The Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular 5089 Filter eurorack module is a voltage controlled, discrete analogue, 24 db/oct transistor ladder, low-pass filter, employing hand-matched transistors.
Subtractive analogue sound synthesis foundation in its lowest FREQUENCY setting removes, or cuts off higher frequency harmonics; its RESONANCE or Q circuit emphasises those harmonics to the point of “squealy,” giddy self-oscillation, tracking the keyboard in its FULL setting quite nicely if seeking an alternative sine wave.
With the 5089 it has the roundest, slickest tone of all the Boomstar's filters. Go easy on it, and round, creamy buttery flavors wrap the oscillators in earthy warmth; smash it and a meaty, satisfying overdrive a maximum harvest of vintage 1960s and 1970s organic‑sounding, second‑order harmonic distortion fill the plate.
Every setting is balanced and bountiful. Looking for traditional R ’n B baselines and leads? Focus here on the rich saturation of this benchmark filter and its symmetrical cascades of generation-stretching timbres. All Boomstar Modular filters are hand-built in the U. S. Pick-and-Place all the way.
- Three attenuverter and four attenuation pots control the FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, FREQ CV 1, RESO CV, FREQ CV 2, INPUT and OUTPUT, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
- Classic Minimoog FULL and HALF strength filter frequency keyboard/voltage tracking for rounder low end with brilliant highs.
- Seven patch points: 1 V/O, FREQ CV 1, FREQ CV 2, RESO CV, INPUT and 2x OUTPUT direct the deepest manipulation.
All Controls and Patch Points:
- FREQUENCY – Adjusts the frequency, or cut-off of the filter.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of the filter.
- FULL HALF TRACK – Switch between full and half keyboard/voltage tracking.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input attenuverter.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input attenuverter.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input attenuverter.
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- 1 V/O – One volt per octave control voltage input.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- OUTPUT x2 – Audio outputs.
- Size - 12hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 40mA, 27mA (+12 / -12)
Manufacturer: Studio Electronics