Soundcraft Si Expression 2SCR0563
Taking the Si Expression 2 as a typical example, it features 24 recallable mic pre amps (32 on Si Expression 3 and 16 on Si Expression 1) plus 4 line inputs, 4 internal stereo FX returns, AES in, and a 64x64 expansion slot offering more than enough scope to use every one of the 66 input processing channels.
Every input processing channel has dedicated processing for high pass filter, input delay, gate, compressor and four band EQ whilst keeping it under control is a comprehensive automation system augmented with four mute groups and FaderGlow™to light the way so you are never lost.
All Si Expression consoles have busses, output processing and connectivity to match the versatility of the inputs; the 14 aux/group mixes can be configured as 14 mono mixes, 8 mono plus 6 stereo mixes or almost anything in between, whilst the 4 matrix mixes can be mono or stereo as needed.
The bus and matrix mixes are complemented with four more mix busses dedicated to the internal Lexicon FX processors all in addition to the left, right and centre busses. Each bus mix features a compressor, 4 band EQ, BSS graphic EQ and delay always available all of the time. Output connectivity is comprehensive with all models featuring 16 balanced line outputs, headphone monitor out, AES out and of course the 64x64 option slot.
- D.O.G.S. (Direct Out Gain Stabiliser) – Prevents manual change of a mic gain control affecting direct out levels, perfect when 2 consoles share a stagebox or when recording the channel direct outputs.
- Security Lockout – Lock the whole console or just selected elements, manage the security with the users and profile settings.
- Assignable Fader Layers – Customise each of the four fader layer pages to meet your needs or add/insert faders to accommodate that additional mic that was not in the patch list!
- Copy & Paste – Copy whole channels, busses, mixes, Lexicon™ effects, a single part such as the EQ or multiple parts like the channel gate and compressor.
- Personal Monitoring Interface – When used with the Si BLU link option card, the Si Expression is a perfect partner to the dbx PMC16 Personal Monitoring System , using simple Cat5 cabling for easy setup.
- TOTEM™ – The One Touch Easy Mix; press a single key to mix to an AUX, FX or Matrix bus, the surface and monitoring instantly reconfigure to allow instant mixing to your chosen bus on the faders.
- BSS® GEQ – With a BSS GEQ on every bus there is never any need to assign from a pool of resources and you will never 'run out' of processing.
- 1 Control = 1 Function – With each control dedicated to a given function there is never any 'layering' of controls or navigating through screens; this allows the Si Expression controls to be labelled on the surface just as they would have been on an analogue mixer.
- Global Mode Controls – A row of rotary controls above each fader assignable at the touch of a button to be GAIN, PAN or HPF for all of the inputs allowing instant access to the core functions.
- Soundcraft FaderGlow® – Illuminates the fader slots according to function with clearly defined colours for FX, Stereo, Linked Mono, GEQ, POST Fade Aux, PRE Fade Aux; you'll never be lost again!
- Instant Access Keys – Dedicated keys on the front panel for STORE, RECALL, NEXT, MUTE 1-4, TAP TEMPO and more negate the need to dive into screen & context menus.
- Function Focus – Whenever a control is moved or SELect key pressed the screen displays information about the channel identifying the absolute value of the controls and the channel name, number etc...
- Everything Everywhere – All channels and busses have a full complement of processing, nothing to assign or configure.
- 24 mono mic inputs
- 4 line inputs
- Colour touch screen interface
- 66 channels to mix possible
- Pre/Post selection per input per bus
- AES in and out
- Global mode encoders
- Soundcraft FaderGlow™
- GEQ on every bus
- 20 sub-group / aux busses
- 4 FX busses
- 8 Matrix busses
- LR and C Mix busses
- 4 Stereo Lexicon Effects engines
- Delay on inputs and outputs
- 4 Mute Groups
- Freely assignable insert loops
- Harman HiQnet integration
- 64x64 channel option card slot