The Sontronics Mercury is a premium-quality variable-pattern valve/tube condenser microphone designed to sound stunning on whatever you're recording, from solo instruments, percussion and vocals to ensemble and orchestral work, overhead and room miking, voice over and more.
This mic picked up two awards in its first two reviews: a 10/10 Excellence award from Music Tech Magazine and the Editor's Choice award from Pro Tools Expert, and won the Highly Commended award from Trusted Music Stores. Mercury was also shortlisted for three other awards: MusicRadar's Best in Tech awards, Sound on Sound magazine's 2018 Gear Awards and Music Tech magazine's Gear of the Year awards.
Designed by Sontronics' founder Trevor Coley, and developed alongside top artists and producers as well as with the input of engineers at Abbey Road Studios, the Mercury is hand-built here in the Sontronics HQ in the UK.
Taking things a step on from our multi-award-winning ARIA, the Sontronics Mercury employs the highest-grade components (most of which have less than 1% tolerance, unheard of for a microphone at this or any other price) and a hand-selected and tested, European-made ECC81/12AT7 vacuum tube, all of which result in absolutely impeccable results, whatever application you're using it for.
The Mercury gives you an infinite choice of polar patterns from omnidirectional to figure-of-eight and everything in between, controlled via the sweepable control knob on the front of the power supply.
This mic also has pad (0, -10dB) and low-cut filter (linear, 75Hz) controls and a professional power supply with medical-grade interference filter, and it boasts incredibly low self-noise for a valve microphone (less than 12dB, A-weighted), making this a must-have microphone for any studio serious about achieving the best quality results.
Mercury is regularly being compared to vintage valve microphones, that cost up to ten times the price!
- Valve/tube condenser microphone
- Variable polar patterns
- Designed to sound stunning on whatever you're working on
- Beta-tested with top producers and artists including Gary Barlow
- Covered by lifetime warranty
- Polar pattern: Sweepable from omni to figure-of-eight & everything in between
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Pad: 0, -10dB
- Filter: Linear, 75Hz
- Sensitivity: 18mV/Pa -33dB ±1.5dB
- (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: <12dB
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz): 125dB
- Power: 115/230V
- *phantom power NOT required*
- Connector: 8-pin connector (mic),
- 3-pin XLR-M (power supply)
- Dimensions: 250 x 90 x 80mm
- Weight: 2317g (mic only)
- Comes with: wooden box (for Mercury mic), shockmount, cables, power supply, aluminium flightcase