Shure X2U XLR To USB Signal AdapterX2U
The X2U combined with any wired microphone can be easily connected directly to a computer without the need for any additional hardware.
This would make it ideal for home recording studios.
The X2U is compatible with Windows 7, 8 & 10 (32 & 64 bit), Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP, 2000 and Max OS X (10.1 or later).
It features a built in headphone jack so that you can monitor the sound without the need for an additional sound card. It also includes an integrated pre-amp with mic gain control which allows you to control the signal strength.
The X2U does have phantom power so yes you can connect your condenser microphone straight into the computer
Latency can be described as the time taken between initiating a request in the computer and receiving the answer. You can expect zero latency monitoring with the X2U. Zero-latency monitoring means real-time playback and multi-tracking without delay and 16-bit/48 kHz sample rate provides better-than-CD-quality audio.
With Monitor Mix Control (which is featured on the X2U) you can blend the mic signal and audio playback as you desire.
- USB Plug and Play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Provides +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Includes 3m USB cable and zippered pouch
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz +/- 1 dB
- Power Requirements: USB-powered, 500 mA, maximum
- Digital Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz, A-weighted)
- Minimum MIC GAIN setting: −81 dB FS
- Maximum MIC GAIN setting: −78 dB FS
- Sampling Rate: up to 48 kHz
- Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Peak Signal Indicator (Tri-colour)
- OFF: −30 dB FS
- Green: −30 to −12 dB FS
- Yellow: −12 to 0 dB FS
- Red: >0 (digital converter clipped)
- Adjustable Gain Range: 50 dB
- Headphone Output: 3.5 mm (1/8 inch)