Shure KSM8/N NickelKSM8/N
KSM8/N redefines dynamic microphone technology for leading performers and engineers.
It virtually eliminates proximity effect and provides unmatched vocal accuracy with minimal EQ and processing and has been designed for use in large, complex sound systems.
Providing absolute vocal clarity, KSM8 is suited for production studios, live performance venues and broadcast productions.
The KSM8/N has an extremely wide sweet spot, due to the design of the Dualdyne element and its ability to control proximity effect.
Additionally, the neutral mid/high frequency response means that there is little external processing required, resulting in consistent, natural-sounding audio, regardless of the artist’s mic technique and placement.
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system, which allows exceptional consistency of the cardioid polar pattern throughout the entire frequency range.
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available.
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis colouration.
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity.
- The Dualdyne cartridge re-images the Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount design with specific resistances and precisely machined components that are fully integrated into the cartridge’s acoustic properties.
- Patent Pending Diaphragm Stabilisation System (DSS) Technology protects and stabilises the active diaphragm from unwanted excursion or rocking during plosives or impact, providing substantial protection against high frequency handling noise.
- Cutting-edge cartridge manufacturing methods utilise ultra-sonic and internal laser welding to provide best-in-class mechanical reliability.
- Neodymium magnet resides in a micro-injection mould of aerospace SoftMag material that maximises the magnetic field for maximum output level.
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection.
- Aluminium handle with nickel finish
- Transducer Type : Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 16 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -51,5 dBV/Pa / 1,85 mV/Pa
- Weight: 300 g