Instrument Smooth and extremely focused reproduction of the original sound source. Cardioid condenser, Champagne finish.
Recommended applications include the close-miking of acoustic and electric instruments, drum overheads, brass/woodwind, ensembles, and even bass instruments such as double bass and kick drum. The KSM137 is equally at home in the studio or in live applications.
The KSM137 microphone can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). It has a high output level, low self noise and reproduces low frequency sounds exceptionally well.
- A highly consistent cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter reduces background noise and counteracts proximity effect
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -37 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise:
- Sound Pressure:
- Pad @ 0 dB: 139 dB
- Pad @ -15 dB: 154 dB
- Pad @ -25 dB: 164 dB
- Weight: 100 g