The Micstasy is an 8-Channel high-end mic/line preamp and AD-converter combining typical RME features with a number of previously unseen features.
It can be used analogue (Mic/Line In to Line Out) and digital (Mic/Line In to Digital Out), with both signal paths operating simultaneously.
Special highlight: the device is fully remote-controllable via MIDI (also MIDI over MADI).
The Micstasy's innovative concept allows for amplification and digitisation of ALL analogue signal sources. Be it high-level stage signals, typical studio signals, lower level and high-impedance instruments, or dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones: Micstasy understands them all - in a way that is simply thrilling.
- 8 x Analogue Input Preamps (XLR/Line, 85 dB gain range)
- 8 x Analogue Output (XLR)
- 4 x AES/EBU Out (8 channels @ 192 kHz)
- 2 x ADAT Out (SMUX and SMUX4)
- MIDI I/O
- Word clock I/O
- optional: MADI I/O (I64 MADI Card)
Optional: I64 MADI Card
The I64 MADI Card provides the Micstasy with a 64-Channel MADI input and output. Coaxial and optical output operate in parallel to the AES/EBU and ADAT output, therefore deliver the same data.
- Frequency response -0.1 dB: 20 Hz - 100 kHz
- EIN @ 30 dB Gain @ 150 Ohm: 122.3 dBu
- EIN @ 40 dB Gain @ 150 Ohm: 126.5 dBu
- EIN @ 50/60/70 dB Gain @ 150 Ohm: 127.4 dBu
- THD+N @ 30 dB Gain: < -100 dB, < 0.001 %
- Signal to Noise ratio AD (SNR) @ +30 dBu: 115.2 dB RMS unweighted, 118.5 dBA
- Signal to Noise ratio AD (SNR) @ +21 dBu: 112.7 dB RMS unweighted, 116 dBA
- Signal to Noise ratio AD (SNR) @ +13 dBu: 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- Sync sources: Internal, AES, word, Option (MADI)
- Sample frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (external clocks)
- Sample rate range: MADI: 32 - 192 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz, AES: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Jitter: Typical < 1 ns for internal, word clock, AES and MADI input
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC, 60 Watt
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 88 x 200 mm