RME M-32 ADRME-M32-AD
RME's M-32 AD is a 32-channel high-end AD converter, easy to operate yet having a comprehensive feature set.
The unit combines excellent analogue circuit design with the latest converter chips and RME's superior SteadyClock, resulting in a state-of-the-art AD conversion - 32 times!
The unit's unique set of features includes analogue limiters, three hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, MADI and ADAT I/O up to 192 kHz, 6.3 mm TRS and D-sub inputs, remote control via MIDI, and operation across a wide range of mains voltages, all packed into a 2U enclosure.
An extraordinary limiter, conceived and optimised for professional studio, stage, and broadcast applications, offers essential operational safety with its capability to limit an input's overload of up to 17 dB without audible distortion (max. input level + 30 dBu).
The M-32 AD's four ADAT outputs provide simple connectivity with other studio equipment. A combination with RME's HDSPe RayDAT makes a perfect partnership, allowing the transfer of 32 channels into a Mac or PC with regular optical Toslink cables at an unbeatable price. The converter's ADAT input only serves as an optional source for external synchronisation.
- M-32 AD: 32 x Analogue In
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- 4 x ADAT Out (TOSLINK)
- 1 x ADAT In (Sync only)
- MIDI I/O (5-pin DIN)
- Word Clock I/O (BNC)
- Input AD: 1/4" TRS jack and 25 pin D-sub, servo balanced, completely symmetrical audio path
- Output AD: 4 x ADAT optical, 1 x MADI optical/coaxial
- Dynamic Range AD: 113 dB RMS unweighted, 116 dBA
- THD AD: < -110 dB (< 0.00032 %)
- THD+N AD: < -104 dB (< 0.00063 %)
- Crosstalk AD: > 130 dB
- Input level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu
- Frequency response AD, -0.1 dB: 10 Hz - 23.2 kHz (sf 48 kHz)
- Frequency response AD, -0.5 dB: < 5 Hz - 45 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency response AD, -1 dB: < 5 Hz - 80 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/WC)
- Jitter: Typical < 1 ns for internal, Word Clock, ADAT and MADI input
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Jitter suppression: > 30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC, 60 Watt
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 88 x 200 mm