RME HDSPe MADIRME-HDSPE-MADI
The HDSPe MADI PCI Express card consequently uses all advantages of the MADI format, offering 64 channels of 24-bit audio at a sample rate of up to 48 kHz, 32 channels at up to 96 kHz and 16 channels at up to 192 kHz.
Transmission is done via a single line, either coaxial with BNC plugs or by fiber cable. In both cases more than 100 m cable length can be achieved.
HDSPe MADI is fully compatible to all devices with MADI interface. In combination with the ADI-648 an 8 x ADAT optical PC interface is realised, unbeatable in price and performance. With the ADI-6432 a bidirectional AES/EBU frontend with 64 channels is available.
On a powerful PC/Mac three HDSPe MADI can be used in a combination, providing 192 inputs and 192 outputs on a single workstation simultaneously.
- PCI Express Interface
- 64 Input channels / 64 Output channels
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- Stereo Analogue Out
- Word Clock I/O
- optional: HDSP TCO
HDSP TCO Timecode Option Module adding further sync options: 1 x word clock I/O, 1 x video sync input (alternative to wc input), 1 x LTC I/O
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
- 2.5 Gbps line speed
- Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)
- All settings changeable in real-time
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Sync sources: MADI coaxial, MADI optical, word clock, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
- Sample rate range: MADI: 32 kHz - 96 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Input MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Output MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC), stereo analogue line/phones
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), switchable termination
- Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- MIDI input and output: via four 5-pin DIN jacks