RME HDSPe AESRME-HDSPE-AES
The HDSPe AES is a short-length PCI Express card with AES/EBU interfaces.
It provides eight AES inputs (16 channels) and eight AES outputs (16 channels) at 192 kHz sample rate.
The card is also equipped with two MIDI I/O ports, word clock I/O, and can be used with the optional TCO module for synchronisation to LTC and video.
The HDSPe AES mainboard contains word clock I/O and a 25-pin D-sub connector, providing four AES inputs and four AES outputs via standard digital breakout cable (Tascam pinout).
The sensitive word clock input operates on Single, Double and Quad Speed signals automatically. The expansion board adds audio channels 9-16 and a connector for a MIDI breakout Cable with two MIDI I/Os (four 5-pin DIN connectors). It does not require a PCIe slot.
- PCI Express interface
- 16 input channels / 16 output channels
- 8 x AES/EBU I/O
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- Word Clock I/O
- optional: HDSP TCO
- optional: BOB-32
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
- 2.5 Gbps line speed
- Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)
- All settings: changeable in real-time
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Sync sources: 8 x AES, word clock, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample rates: 32 kHz up to 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
- Sample rate range: AES: 28 kHz - 204 kHz, word clock: 28 kHz - 204 kHz
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Input 8 x AES, 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Output 8 x AES, 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), termination via jumper
- Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- MIDI input and output: via four 5-pin DIN jacks
- HDSP TCO Timecode Option Module with enhanced sync options: 1 x Word Clock I/O, 1 x Video Sync Input (alternative to WC In), 1 x LTC I/O
- BOB-32 Universal Breakout Box with 2 x 8 XLR to 2 D-sub connectors (supports TASCAM and YAMAHA digital pinouts), Flip Frame Case