The DMC-842 is both an 8-Channels AES42 interface as well as a controller for digital microphones.
The unique device allows for connection and control of up to 8 digital microphones, and converting their signals to ADAT, AES/EBU, analogue and (optional) MADI.
Eight individually switchable hi-end sample rate converters offer a flexible clocking and further usage options, especially as the inputs are compatible to AES3 and AES/EBU too.
The DMC-842 is fully remote controllable, via MIDI, AES and (optional) MADI. The optional I64 MADI Card provides serial pass-through capability from one DMC-842 to the next (up to 8). All up to 64 audio signals are then available at the last device on one single line.
Such a way of cascading is also possible with the Micstasy and the ADI-8 QS. The signals passed through the DMC-842 are available at the analogue outputs, making an expensive splitter box on stage obsolete.
- 8 x AES42 Input (XLR)
- 8 x Analogue Output (XLR)
- 4 x AES/EBU Out (8 channels @ 192 kHz)
- 2 x ADAT Out (8 channels @ 96 kHz)
- MIDI I/O
- Word clock I/O
- Com Port I/O (RS-232 via 9-pin D-Sub)
- optional: MADI I/O (I64 MADI Card)
- Inputs: 8 x XLR (AES42, AES3 compatible), 1 x D-sub (AES sync)
- Outputs digital: 4 x AES/EBU via 25-pin D-sub, 2 x ADAT optical, optional MADI
- Outputs analogue: 8 x XLR, balanced, up to +24 dBu
- Signal to Noise ratio DA (SNR): 116 dB RMS unweighted, 119 dB(A)
- THD DA: < -104 dB (< 0.00063%)
- THD+N DA: < -100 dB (< 0.001%)
- Crosstalk DA: < 110 dB
- Output level @ 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu
- Frequency response DA, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 22 kHz (sf 48 kHz)
- Frequency response DA, -0.5 dB: < 5 Hz - 34 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency response DA, -1 dB: < 5 Hz - 50 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Sync sources: Internal, AES, word, Option (MADI)
- Sample frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (external clocks)
- Sample rate range: MADI: 32 - 192 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz, AES: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Jitter: Typical < 1 ns for internal, word clock, AES and MADI input
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC, 60 Watt
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 88 x 200 mm