Midas XL48 Mic PreampMK162
The Midas XL48 DIG-LOG Microphone Preamplifier is a combination of the best of both analogue and digital worlds.
Eight classic XL4 series microphone preamplifiers in a 1U 19" rackmount enclosure with the acclaimed low latency 24 bit 96 kHz ADC converters with overload protection from the MIDAS XL8 Live Performance System, and a precision reference clock oscillator with 1 part-per- million (ppm) stability.
Also includes swept high and low pass filters, 8 segment LED input meters, and individual phantom power, polarity invert, and -20 dB pad switches per channel.
The XL48 features both analogue outputs and digital outputs in ADAT optical and AES3 formats and all outputs can be used simultaneously, allowing the XL48 to be used as a multi-function analogue and/or digital microphone splitter. Multiple internal sample rates are supported, with the option to sync to external word clock.
Ideal for use in portable recording rigs, analogue and digital splits between consoles, or indeed augmenting the performance of other mixing consoles with its MIDAS XL4 microphone preamplifiers, XL8 analogue-to-digital conversion and precision reference-grade 1 ppm internal clock oscillator.
The XL48 features the legendary Midas XL4 microphone preamplifier design, which faithfully reproduces every sonic detail so no part of a performance will ever be missed. Transparent and pristine sound, low noise and high common-mode rejection are all hallmarks of this classic design.
Supports 24 bit audio operation at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz from its internal precision 'AES Grade 1' reference temperature-compensated clock oscillator with 1 part-per-million (ppm) stability. This highly accurate clock source can be used as the reference clock for digital audio systems, providing a very defined sound image free of jitter and other digital clocking error artefacts.
Also supports the same sample rates when clocked from external word clock, and both word clock input and output are provided on 75 Ohm BNC connectors.
- 8 channel DIGI-LOG microphone preamplifier
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Rugged 1U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Digital AES3 (AES/EBU) outputs on dual 25 way D-type connectors
- Electronically balanced analogue outputs on a 25 way D-type connector
- 8 inputs with Neutrik* XLR connectors and parallel 25 way D-type connector
- Selectable 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz sample rate operation
- 2 ADAT* optical output ports with 75 ohm BNC connector for external word clock
- All-analogue MIDAS XL4 swept low and high pass filters per input
- Low latency 24 bit 96 kHz ADC converters with overload protection
- Award-winning MIDAS XL4 analogue microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48 V phantom power
- Internal 'AES Grade 1' temperature-compensated word clock (1 ppm)
- Depth (mm): 304
- Height (mm): 44
- Width (mm): 483
- Net weight (kg): 4.3
- Colour: Blue
- Frequency Response (Hz): +0 dB to -1 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Inputs: Eight XLR connectors and one 25-way D-Type connector (parallel connected).
- Weight (kg): 4.3