Metric Halo ULN8 Firewire InterfaceMH-ULN8
Building upon the experience gained with the Mobile I/O 2882 and ULN-2, Metric Halo set out to design an integrated product to literally provide the best performance in each of its component sections while still providing all of the benefits of tight integration in a single field-capable package. The ULN-8 is the result of that development program.
The ULN-8 incorporates a number of new Metric Halo Audio technologies including:
- 192k sample rate support for both Analogue and AES Inputs and Outputs
- New DC-coupled, zero phase distortion, servo balanced Line Inputs and Outputs
- ULN-R next generation remote controlled preamp technology. The Mic Pres in the ULN-8 build upon the audio performance pioneered by the ULN-2 preamp design with the additional benefit and technological innovation of full clickless remote control of the ULN Mic pre. This is accomplished with a sophisticated gain switching mechanism which incorporates Metric Halo "zero-cross" technology.
- Fully clickless remote controlled Monitor outputs. All ULN-8 analogue outputs incorporate Metric Halo clickless remote technology allowing for flexible monitoring applications from stereo to 7.1 surround.
By implementing all the functions of a complete audio front end in a single package, the ULN-8 is able to provide unprecedented power and quality in a lightweight, low-power consumption, single RU hardware unit.
This integration provides significant benefits to the owner in the form of reduced cabling (lower cost, weight and less opportunity for failure), weight, power consumption, and cost, while at the same time providing unprecedented performance.
The ULN-8’s integrated design provides maximal performance with a minimum use of material and power.
- Exceptional, Best–In–World, Archival Grade Converter Quality
- Exceptional, Boutique–Quality Mic Preamps
- Flexible, Integrated Analogue-Domain Monitor Controller
- Universal Sample Rate Support
- Analogue, AES and Firewire Interfacing
- Rock Solid Stability: Mature, Real-World-Tested Firmware, Software and Drivers
- Instant Access to Tactile Controls
- Fully digital control for total recall, remote control and control surface support
- Comprehensive Precision Metering — so you always know what is going on
- Works with or without a Computer
- Metric Halo’s Exclusive Per-channel selectable Character — from ultra clean to nice and gooey
- Integrated ultra-low-latency instantiable processing with plenty of DSP power to run it
- Most Compact, Lowest Weight, Lowest Power and Lowest Price in its Class
Manufacturer: Metric Halo