Martin Audio WPM Line ArrayWPM
The Martin Audio WPM is incredibly versatile. Its very small footprint and light weight make it the system of choice for smaller venues which require superb fidelity, coverage consistency and control from an ultra-compact line array.
With a peak SPL of 130dB peak, it is also very powerful a 12-box array will throw beyond 35 metres (115ft) and produce live music at high levels in up to 3000-seat venues. It embodies the very latest acoustic technology in an ultra-compact enclosure and is the ideal system for small-to-medium scale theatres and live music venues, AV events and installations in concert halls, ballrooms and HoW.
A passive 2-way system with an impedance of 16 ohms, it can be driven in blocks of 1, 2, 3 or 4 resolution configurations. With a complement of 2 x 6.5” (165mm) LF drivers and a vertical column of 3 x 1.4” (35mm) aluminium dome HF drivers, the acoustic design of WPM is uniquely innovative.
The LF drivers are located in the side walls of the HF horn an arrangement which would introduce acoustic cavities which would degrade the horizontal dispersion if conventional cone drivers were used. WPM’s drivers adopt an elegant solution by having solid moulded diaphragms which match the contours of the horn walls and maintain the continuity of the horn profile. Each LF driver also features a demodulation ring in the neodymium motor system to minimize distortion and maximise mid-band output.
In the triple-driver HF section, each individual HF wavefront is precisely coupled to the horn throat via a short waveguide for faultless 100° horizontal constant directivity coverage.
- Ultra-Compact line array
- Scalable resolution for advanced array control
- External, dedicated, multi-channel Class D amplification
- Industry-leading DISPLAY software interacts with DSP for highly-accurate results
- Fast, integral 3-point flying systems for up to 16 enclosures
- Side and rear handles for ease of handling and setting splay angles
- 100° horizontal constant directivity pattern control
- TYPE: Two-way, passive line array element
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (5): 76Hz-18kHz ± 3dB
- LF: 2 x 6.5” (165mm) contoured-diaphragm /2” (50mm)
- edge wound CCAW voice coil, neodymium magnet drivers, reflex loaded
- HF: 3 x 1.4” (35mm) aluminium dome /1.4” (35mm) voice coil,
- neodymium magnet compression drivers on constant directivity waveguide
- SYSTEM RESOLUTION: 1 to 4 enclosures per amplifier channel
- MAXIMUM SPL (9): 130dB peak (1 cabinet)
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 16Ω
- DISPERSION (-6DB):
- 100º horizontal (-6dB), 125º horizontal (-10dB)
- 10° vertical
- CROSSOVER: 1.2kHz passive
- ENCLOSURE: Vertical trapezoid with 5º wall angle, Multi-laminate birch and poplar-ply construction
- FINISH: Black textured paint
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE: Black HEX perforated steel
- CONNECTORS: 2 x NL4 type
- INPUT CONNECTIONS: 1+/1-
- Integral 3-point rigging system
- 2 x side pocket handles
- 2 x rear grip handles
- FLOWN ARRAY MAXIMUM: 16 enclosures in single array
- (W) 500mm x (H) 185mm x (D) 377mm
- (W) 19.7in x (H) 7.3in x (D) 14.8in
- WEIGHT: 14kg (30.9lbs)
Manufacturer: Martin Audio