Martin Audio CDD5BTX-WRCDD5BTX-WR
The CDD5TX-WR is a weatherised two-way passive micro speaker incorporating a 70V/100V line transformer and designed for discreet positioning in architectural installations including bars, museums, foyers, concourses, exhibition centres and HoW as well as outdoor applications where it will be subject to changing environmental conditions, but sheltered from direct exposure to the elements.
It features a unique, patent-pending 5” (125mm) LF/0.7” (19mm) HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver in a rigid ABS moulded enclosure with a dual cable gland for easy daisy-chaining of cabinets without the need for external breakout boxes and is supplied with a dedicated omni-directional mounting weather resistant bracket.
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD5TX-WR delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience to distribute sound evenly front-to-back, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up.
Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response in the crossover region associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The visually-distinctive enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the enclosure allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall or ceiling by means of the supplied omni-directional bracket or an optional close-mount ceiling bracket.
CDD5TX-WR features a water and particle resistant grille made from zinc plated mild steel with powder coated finish and is suitable for operating temperatures between -20°C to +70°C and environmentally tested to meet IP54.
A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD5TX-WR may be used without a controller. However, the EQ and limiter functions of a controller such as the Martin Audio DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2, or an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP will maximise its capabilities. When used with a CSX subwoofer, crossover and EQ functions can either be performed by the DX0.5, DX1.5 and DX2 system controllers, or by an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP option.
- Ultra-compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant ABS moulded enclosure
- Outdoor operation when sheltered from direct exposure to elements
- Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C
- Environmentally tested to meet IP54
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free water and particle resistant grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Discreet weatherised mounting accessories
- 70V/100V line transformer
- Supplied with ‘pan and tilt’ weatherised mounting bracket
- Finished in Black
- TYPE: Ultra-compact, Coaxial Differential Dispersion passive two-way system
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (5): 100Hz-20kHz ± 3dB | -10dB @ 70Hz
- RATED POWER: 100W AES, 400W peak
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER: MA2.8Q, MA2.0
- SENSITIVITY (8): 90dB
- MAXIMUM SPL (9): 110dB continuous, 116dB peak | 3W = 95dB, 6W = 98dB, 12.5W =101dB, 25W = 104dB
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- DISPERSION (-6dB): 120°-90° horizontal, 80° vertical (user-rotatable)
- CROSSOVER: 2.5kHz passive
- CONNECTORS: Low profile 13A push-lock, weatherproof input panel cover with dual cable glands
- PIN CONNECTIONS: Left to right: Input+, Input -, Link -, Link +
- LF: 5.25” (130mm)/1.25” (32mm) voice coil, long excursion, ferrite motor system
- HF: 0.75” (19mm) voice coil, fabric dome with neodymium motor system
- 100V line: 6W, 12.5W, 25W
- 70V line: 3W, 6W, 12.5W, 25W
Physical & Dimensions
- ENCLOSURE: 3 litre, ABS
- FINISH: Black
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE: Zinc plated mild steel with powder coated finish and weatherised backing
- ENVIRONMENTAL: Rated at IP54
- FITTINGS: 6 x M5 inserts for wall/ceiling brackets
- DIMENSIONS: (W) 160mm x (H) 230mm x (D) 149mm | (W) 6.3ins x (H) 9.1 ins x (D) 5.9 ins
- WEIGHT: 3.4kg (7.5lbs)
- Wall bracket black
- Optional: CDDCB5B ceiling bracket black
Manufacturer: Martin Audio