Manley Nu MuMNUMU
The Manley Nu Mu Stereo Limiter Compressor uses the special T-Bar mod tube front end of the legendary Variable Mu® with same super smooth side chain and timing characteristics followed by a high voltage discrete and FET solid-state amplifying and output stage for a faster and punchier audio path.
It is like a “clean” version of the Variable Mu, especially suited for modern digital and electronic music where you don’t necessarily need to colour or mask the sound like we did in the early days of digital.
- Manley IRON input transformers
- 4 x hand-matched 6BA6 vacuum tubes
- Balanced XLR inputs & outputs
- Manley HIP function raises soft dynamics without squashing louder passages
- High Voltage Switched Mode Power Supply custom designed for our vacuum tube audio circuits
- INPUT Level Preset 3-way switches -3dB, 0, +3dB
- Continuously variable OUTPUT level controls
- Unity Gain set INPUT to "0" and OUTPUT control to 11 o’clock. (Input source Z= 150 Ohms, Output load Z= 100 kOhms)
- Maximum input level: (1 kHz Sine, <0.3% THD+N)
-3 = +25 dBu
0 = +21 dBu
+3 = +18 dBu
- Maximum GAIN: 13dB
- GAIN makeup: 10dB (gain above unity)
- Output Headroom: 23dB (referenced to +4dBu)
- Variable ATTACK control: 13msec - 130msec
- RECOVERY switch 5 steps: 0.1s, 0.16s, 0.32s, 0.64s, 1.7sec.
- Continuously variable THRESHOLD controls
- Hardwired Relay Bypass Switch
- Ratio Mode switches between LIMIT (1.5:1 to 12:1) or COMPRESS (1.2:1 to 3:1)
- HP SC: High Pass Side Chain Filter -3dB @ 100Hz @ 6dB per Octave
- Stereo Link establishes Left-Master dynamic control for THRESHOLD, ATTACK, and RECOVERY controls
- Beautiful illuminated stereo VU meters read Gain Reduction or Output Level
- Sidechain INSERT per channel via 1/4" TRS jack TIP=SEND, RING=Return, SLEEVE=Ground
- Maximum Output: +27dBu (18Vrms) into 100K Ohm load; +24.5dBu (13Vrms) into 600 Ohm load. (1Khz Sine, < 0.3% THD+N, BW 20Hz - 20kHz).
- Frequency Response: - 0.8dB @ 20Hz, -0.5dB @ 50kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.05% THD+N (1kHz Sine, +4dBu, BW: 20Hz - 22kHz)
- Noise floor: -85dB typical (BW: 20Hz - 22kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 112dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 89dB (referenced to +4dBu)
- Common-Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): 74dB (BW: 20Hz - 22kHz, +4dBu, 1kHz Sine)
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Input Impedance: -3dB= 1 kOhms, 0dB= 2.5 kOhms, +3dB= 4.5 kOhms
- AUTOMUTE warmup delay: 30 Seconds
- Power consumption: 35 Watts
- Standby Power Consumption: ?? Watts
- Operating mains voltage: 90 to 254 VAC (internal universal supply)
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50-60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" x 3 1/2" x 7" (occupies 2u)
- Unit Weight: 8.5 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 11.5 lbs.