Manley EQP1A StereoSPEQ
The Manley Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A Stereo is Manley's own interpretation of the historic Pultec Equaliser as originally produced by Pulse Techniques, Inc.
They have been building these Manley Pultec EQs since 1990 after hunting down Eugene Shenk in New Jersey to ask for his permission and blessings to produce their own version of his classic piece.
These Manley Pultec units employ simple and clean all-tube make-up gain block to reamplify the signal after the passive EQ circuit.
EQ may be set to 'flat' positions or BYPASSED entirely. All BOOST and CUT controls are continuously variable conductive plastic potentiometers for absolutely silent operation and long life.
The rear mounted input switch selects 0 degrees or 180 degrees PHASE INVERT for the balanced gold pin XLR input or the transformerless unbalanced bridging input (1/4" jack) may be selected in that switch's middle position.
The Manley Pultec EQP-1A, available in both single and 2-channel versions, uses 1 x 12AX7WA and 1 x 6414 (or 5965) in the ALL-TUBE single-ended line amplifier for the gain make-up and extra-beefy sound; gain is factory set for unity but additional gain is available by a rear mounted feedback adjustment trimpot.
These Manley Pultecs offer both transformer coupled balanced and direct capacitor coupled unbalanced outputs for easy interface and sonic variety.
- MANLEY input transformer with nickel laminations potted in mu-metal case. 3K Ohm input Z
- PHASE REVERSE switch for balanced XLR input
- Alternate transformerless 1/4" HI-Z (5K Ohm) input
- BYPASS switch & AUTO-MUTE w/warmup delay
- Silent conductive plastic BOOST & CUT controls
- Sealed gold-contact Greyhill frequency select switches
- Vacuum Tubes: 1 x 12AX7WA (gain) and 1 x 6414 (or 5965) White Follower
- Hi-current drive <50 Ohm LO-Z XLR & 1/4" outputs
- Balanced Transformer-Coupled XLR Outputs via MANLEY 9611
- Flat frequency response from 10Hz-70KHz
- <0.01% THD @ 1kHz
- S/N Ratio: 116 dB
- Adjustable FEEDBACK / GAIN: Unity ±5 dB
- Max. output: +30 dBv
- Power consumption: 18 watts
- Operating mains voltage: Units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC as indicated on the serial number badge. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage. 120VAC units may NOT be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240V operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with the dedicated one for the voltage at which it will operate.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" x 1 3/4" x 10" (occupies 1u)
- Shipping weight: 12 lbs.