Lavry M.SYNC 4496 Internal ClockM.SYNC
The LavryBlue M-Sync module is the clocking source for any LavryBlue that utilises a MAD-824 A/D converter card. The module allows for internal clocking via the front switch panel, and Word Clock input and output via the rear panel BNC connector, as well as Double Speed switching for 44.1kHz and 48kHz via the ‘2X’ switch on the rear panel.”
Please Note: This item requires factory installation and calibration. To add an M-Sync unit to your 4496 chassis, please make a request.
Each 4496 Chassis can hold 1 of this module. The M-Sync module does not fill any of the 4 total available module slots in the LavryBlue 4496 chassis, but does require that there be LavryBlue M-AD 824 module in the 1st module slot of the chassis.
Other modules available for the 4496 chassis:
- LavryBlue M-AD 824 (2 channel ADC)
- LavryBlue M-DA 824 (2 channel DAC)
- LavryBlue MicPre Module (2 channel Microphone Preamplifier)
- Multichannel clock synchronisation
- Ultra-stable crystal-referenced internal or external sync operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Wide lock mode is available for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation
- One M∙SYNC provides clocking and synchronisation for all M∙AD824 AD converter modules contained in the same 4496 chassis
- Word Clock input and output to sync multiple 4496 units and external synchronisation
- Selectable Word Clock or AES Sync input
- Post Production
- INTERNAL CLOCK ACCURACY:
- +/- 25 ppm (parts per million)
- NARROW MODE LOCK RANGE:
- +/- 150 PPM for standard sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96 kHz.
- WIDE MODE LOCK RANGE:
- 42-50 kHz range in “LOW”
- 84-100 kHz range in “HIGH”
- SYNC INPUT:
- The unit accepts an input sync signal at the rear panel BNC labeled “SYNC IN.”
- This can be either a standard: Sample rate WORD CLOCK “5V TTL level” (2.5V-5V amplitude) or an AES SYNC SIGNAL (2.5V-5V amplitude).
- The input IS NOT internally terminated.
- SYNC OUTPUT:
- The unit provides an output sync signal at the rear panel BNC labeled “SYNC OUT.” The signal is useful for driving another LavryBlue 4496 system (for example a multi-channel application requiring more than 8 channels of A-to-D). The output clock is a 75-ohm back terminated 3V signal (compatible with the BNC input of the next 4496 chassis and standard WORD CLOCK inputs).