Lavry AD122 96 MK3 Stereo A/DAD122-96 MK3
The LavryGold AD122-96MkIII is the AD converter of choice for top Recording, Mastering, and Post Production studios around the world. In a field muddied by an abundance of mediocre alternatives, the MkIII clearly defines the height of quality. The audibly superior results obtained with the MkIII can be a real competitive edge.
The AD122 96 MKIII features performance claimed by many but rarely achieved. With a -127dB noise floor 20-20kHz and 0.00005% distortion for signals below -40dBFS, the AD122-96MkIII offers unprecedented detail and accuracy. Extremely close inter-channel matching that extends to the lowest signal levels preserves the spatial placement and depth of the stereo image. Ultra-stable internal and external clocking circuitry virtually eliminates the “non-musical” distortion effects caused by jitter in conversion. With unique self-calibration circuitry, conversion accuracy is maintained over a wide range of operating temperatures, and the effects of circuitry ageing are minimised. Precise handling of “clipping” and Lavry’s exclusive selectable Soft Saturation facilitates “hotter” recording levels without undesirable artefacts.
Soft Saturation is a digital emulation of analogue tape saturation which leaves the signal completely linear below the threshold, with selectable 3 or 6dB of additional level. For signals above the threshold, the process has no attack and release time constants which could cause undesirable “pumping or breathing” by interacting with compression or limiting applied either before or after conversion.
- 24 bit conversion at 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz and 44.1kHz
- Unequalled detail and performance
- True -127dB noise floor
- 0.00005% Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise
- Lavry’s exclusive αcoustic βit Correction™ for wordlength reduction with dither and noise shaping
- Switchable digital soft-knee limiter, +3 or +6dB gain
- Precision reference meter bridge
- Fully programmable digital test tones for system alignment
- AES and word clock external synchronisation 40-51kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- DC removal
- Absolute Polarity Inversion
- Multi-converter synchronisation
- Post Production
- Noise Floor at 44.1-48KHz sampling:
- -130dB ±1dB from full scale A weighted
- -126dB ±0.5dB from full scale unweighted
- Noise Floor at 96KHz sampling:
- -127dB ±1dB from full scale A weighted
- -123dB ±1dB from full scale unweighted.
- Output Bits:
- 16 to 24 bits, user selectable.
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise (Specified for 22-24 Bits output, balanced inputs):
- 0.00005% for signals lower than -40dBF
- 0.0004% for signals lower than -20dBF
- 0.0008% for signals lower than -6dBF
- 0.0012% for full scale signals
- Channel Separation:
- Greater than 120dB (0-20KHz)
- The analogue signal can be amplified by 0-12dB utilising the front panel screw adjust trim pots. Full-scale signal with 0dB gain is 24dBu, (full-scale signal with 12dB gain is 12dBu).
- Input impedance over 0-100 kHz: greater than 20k ohm (pin 2 to pin 3).
- XLR connector: AES/EBU levels into 110 Ohms for digital audio or TTL level into 110 Ohms word clock
- XLR AES/EBU output transformer coupled. Compatible with most RCA/SPDIF inputs using simple wired adapters or adapter cables.
- BNC connector:
- TTL level word clock
- 90-264 VAC @ 47-63Hz , Fuses 0.5A Slow 250V Fuse Size 0.25inch x 1.25 inch.
- The power supply automatically adjusts to AC inputs in the range of 90 to 264 volts at line frequencies between 47 and 63 Hz. It is not necessary to change any settings.
- 19” 1U Rack enclosure