JBL Control 88M 8" Landscape SpeakerJBL1754
Designed for outdoor applications, the highly weather resistant Control 80 Series Landscape speakers provide excellent full-range sound quality and 360 degree coverage.
To be mounted on or in the ground, Control 80 Series Landscape speakers can be used in a wide variety of applications including shopping malls, theme parks, sports venues, hotels, casinos, resorts, restaurants, hospitality and leisure venues, entrance ways, and anywhere a high quality music and/or paging speaker landscape speaker is required.
Compact in design, the speaker is unobtrusive and easily blends in with its surroundings. A tough polyethylene enclosure resists abuse from lawn care equipment and the elements, and the enclosure colour extends throughout the material so the speaker will maintain colour even when scraped or scratched.
- Control 88M Weather Resistant Landscape Speaker
- 360deg horizontal, 160deg vertical coverage pattern
- 120W Pink Noise Power Handling
- Highly weather-resistant 8" driver
- Soft-dome highly weather-resistant 1" tweeter
- Fully isolated centre chamber for wiring protection
- Priced and Sold Individually
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 47 Hz – 16 kHz
- Power Rating:
- 240 W Continuous Program (2 hrs)
- 120W (480W peak), Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs)
- 100W (400W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70V: 60W, 30W, 15W & 7.5W
- 100V: 60W, 30W, 15W
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 60Hz - 15 kHz
- Maximum Input Voltage: 28.0 V
- Sensitivity: 87 dB, 1W @ 1m (ave. 80Hz - 16kHz)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 360° horizontal, 160° vertical (primary listening 10° to 50° up from ground).
- Directivity (Q): 2.1
- Directivity Index (DI): 3.2 dB
- Rated Maximum SPL: 108 dB @ 1m
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (at 8Ω setting)
- Minimum Impedance: 6.6Ω at 9.5kHz
- Insertion Loss: <0.5 dB at any tap setting
- Thru Setting: 8Ω nominal
- Crossover Type: 2nd Order LPF on LF and 2nd Order HPF on HF
- Recommended Protective High-Pass:
- 45 Hz for 8Ω operation, 24 dB/oct
- 80 Hz for 60W tap, 24 dB/oct
- 50 Hz for 30W, 7.5W, and 7.5W taps, 24 dB/oct
- Low Frequency Driver: 200 mm (8.00 in) diameter LF driver, Kapton™ former, 38mm (1.5 in) voice coil, polypropylene cone and polyurethane surround.
- High Frequency: 25mm (1.0 in) diameter HF driver Polyetherimide (PEI) dome.
- Enclosure Material: LDPE Polyethylene plastic, 6 mm wall thickness, UL94V-0 rated.
- Grille: Powder coated stainless steel.
- Environmental: IP-55 rating per IEC529 (dust protected and protected against jets of water). Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature & UV. Passes Mil-STd-202F for salt spray. Enclosure UL94V0 rated.
- Agency Ratings: UL1480, Transformer UL Recognized per UL1876, ROHS compliant.
- Terminals: Bare wire with dielectric-gel-filled wire nuts (internal to top speaker section)
- Wiring: Water ingress protected by two stages of gland nuts, one mounted on outside of enclosure (installed by installer via drilling 22 mm (0.875 in, 7/8 in) hole in any of multiple provided locations) and one between the bottom base and top speaker sections. Included gland nuts require round-jacketed wire with outside diameter between 4.0 mm and 9.0 mm (0.16” in and 0.35” in).
Physical & Dimensions
- Height: 524mm
- Width: 355mm
- Depth: 355mm
- Net Weight: 7.8 kg (17 lb)
- Shipping Weight: 10.5 kg (23 lb)