JBL Control 31 10" SpeakerJBL1660
The Control 31 utilises high-power components, computer optimised horn, and a complex network to achieve smooth, powerful high-fidelity performance, extended bandwidth, and well-controlled defined coverage from a compact loudspeaker.
The 250 mm (10 inch) low-frequency driver features a woven fiberglass cone for a high degree of weather capability and pure butyl rubber surround for clean sound quality, a high-temperature fibreglass voice coil former for high sensitivity, high output capability and stable performance under long-term high power working conditions.
The optimised cone geometry provides for smooth frequency response and good off-axis performance. A linear suspension spider provides low distortion, while FEA-optimised motor construction produces minimum harmonic distortion. An aluminium coupler ring outside the pole post further reduces distortion and further increases the sensitivity.
- 250 Watt capability
- Extended bandwidth
- Extremely smooth frequency response
- Highly outdoor-capable design
- Includes InvisiBall mounting hardware
- High-output 2414H-C compression driver
- In Black
- Priced and Sold Individually
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 33Hz – 19kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 42Hz – 14kHz
- Power Ratings:
- 250 W (1000 W peak), 2 hrs.
- 200 W (800 W peak), 100 hrs.
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 116 dB continuous (123 dB peak)
- Nominal Sensitivity: 92 dB
- Coverage Angle: 110° x 110°
- Directivity Factor (Q): 5.7, averaged 500 Hz to 10 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 7.3 dB, averaged 500 Hz to 10 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Type: 2nd order low-pass, 2nd order high-pass, plus conjugate shaping circuitry.
- Transformer Taps:
- 70V: 150W, 75W, 38W, 19W
- 100V: 150W, 75W, 38W
- Insertion Loss: <0.65 dB at any tap setting
- Thru Setting: 8Ω nominal
- Recommended High-Pass: Protective 40 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for any transformer tap and for 8Ω operation
- Low Frequency: 250 mm (10 in) woven-fibreglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 52 mm (2 in) voice coil on high-temperature fibreglass voice coil former, optimised cone geometry, linear suspension spider, FEA-optimised motor construction, aluminium ring on pole piece.
- High Frequency: JBL 2414H-C compression driver with 25 mm (1 in) diaphragm and voice coil diameter, high temperature polymer diaphragm, JBL-patented design, fluid-cooled.
- Enclosure Material: High impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill plus patent-pending internal 5 mm foamed polyurethane secondary mold for additional cabinet density.
- Grille: Zinc-plated and thermoset-composite coated steel, WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam with tight-weave mesh vapor barrier.
- Installation: InvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Ten 6 mm attachment points on cabinet for suspending or for optional U-bracket. One 6 mm secondary safety attachment point (for forged shoulder steel eyebolt, not included) on back panel.
- Environmental: IP-55 per IEC529. Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray. Optional MTC-30MK marine-kit grille increases longevity in highly corrosive environments.
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2).
- Agency Rating: Transformer is listed per UL1876
- Colours: Black (RAL9004) or white (-WH, RAL9003)
Physical & Dimensions
- Height: 593mm
- Width: 372mm
- Depth: 345mm
- Weight: 18.8kg