JBL Control 23-1-WH 3" SpeakerJBL1733
The Control® 23-1-WH is a two-way 3” speaker with rich sonic character, wide coverage, consistent dispersion, versatile mounting, and a contemporary high-design look that fits into a wide range of decors.
This makes Control 23-1 an excellent choice for a wide variety of applications, including retail stores, restaurants, health clubs, theme parks, educational facilities, hospitality, music cafes, leisure venues, and anywhere where a top quality compact indoor/outdoor foreground/background music (and/or paging) speaker is required.
- JBL Control 23-1-WH Ultra Compact Indoor/Outdoor Speaker (White)
- 3" woofer with woven fiberglass cone
- Features a Built-in InvisiBall mounting hardware
- Wide 100 x 100deg coverage
- Weather resistant enclosure and transducers
- High-design look that fits into a wide range of decors
- Priced and Sold Individually
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 70 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 95 Hz - 19 kHz
- Power Rating:
- 100W Continuous Program (2 hrs)
- 50 W (200W peak), Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs)
- 40 W (160W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Maximum Input Voltage: 17.2 V RMS (2 hrs), 34.4 V peak
- Maximum SPL: 103 dB ave. Continuous Pink Noise (109 dB peak)
- Sensitivity: 86 dB, 1W/1m (ave. 100 Hz – 10 kHz)
- Coverage Angle: 100° x 100°
- Directivity Factor (Q): 5.8 (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI): 7.2 dB (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (THRU setting)
- Crossover Type: 2nd order low-pass, 2nd order high-pass
- Transformer Taps:
- 70V: 15W, 7.5W, 3.7W, 1.8W
- 100V: 15W, 7.5W, 3.7W
- Insertion Loss <0.43 dB at any tap setting
- Thru Setting: 8Ω nominal
- Recommended Protective High-Pass: 70 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) (for 8Ω operation and for all 70V/100V taps settings).
- Low Frequency Driver: 76 mm (3.0 in), woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround with Weather-Edge frame protection, high-temp Kapton™ voice coil former, high-temp voice coil wire, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, and FEA optimized motor structure.
- High Frequency Driver: 13 mm (0.5 in) PEI diaphragm, low-viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid, and lightweight Kapton™ voice coil former.
- Enclosure Material: High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS), painted with highly-UV resistant paint on white (-WH) version for maximum UV fade resistance.
- Grille: Highly zinc-plated, finished in durable TGIC polyester powdercoating. MTC-23WMG-1 (&-WH) available with WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam and tight-weave mesh vapor barrier backing.
- Installation: InvisiBall™ wall-mounting system included. Two 6 mm attachment points (on top and bottom) for optional MTC-23UB-1 (&-WH) U-bracket. Secondary safety attachment loop point on back panel.
- Environmental: IP-44 per IEC529 (IP-55 when installed with the optional MTC-23WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille and either MTC-PC2 or MTC-PC3 panel cover.) Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray and ASTM G85 for acid-air plus salt spray. Optional MTC-23WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille for breaking up driving rain and for especially difficult environments.
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2). Optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 protective panel covers available to provide sealed entrance for additional weather protection.
- Agency Rating: ROHS-compliant; Transformer UL Recognized per UL1876
Physical & Dimensions
- Height: 200mm
- Width: 141mm
- Depth: 111mm
- Deep total when mounted on InvisiBall wall-mount bracket: 141mm
- Net Weight: 1.8 kg (4.0 lbs)
- Shipping Weight: 3.85kg (8.5 lbs) for the pair-pack (for 2 speakers) 12.0kg (26.5lbs) for the master-pack (for 6 speakers)