Icon Qcon Pro DAW ControllerICON-QCON-PRO
The iCON QCon Pro is a robust and beautifully designed USB-MIDI control surface, jam-packed with features that will take your studio workflow to the next level.
With 8 touch sensitive motorised faders, 8 encoder knobs, a jog wheel for fast scanning, illuminated channel controls and transport buttons, not to mention a cool-blue backlit LCD display, the QCon Pro is simply un-rivalled when it comes to form, function and value-for-money.
Built-in Support for All Major DAWs
Digging beneath the (control) surface you'll find the QCon Pro to be an incredibly powerful and highly flexible addition to your studio, with numerous options for custom programming. However, it also includes built-in presets for all major DAWs, allowing you to be up and running within minutes. Make a cup of tea, sit down with the QCon Pro and by the time it's cool enough to drink you'll be good to go! There are even separate label overlays included for the different DAWs.
There are built in Mackie Control presets for:
- Logic Pro
- Ableton Live
- Pro Tools (Mackie HUI)
- 8 touch-sensitive motorised channel faders
- 12-segment LED channels level metering
- 1 touch-sensitive motorised fader for master channel
- 8 dual function encoder knobs (Enter & rotate)
- 11-segment LED surrounding the encoders to indicate the rotating position.
- Large backlit LCD to display channel name, control values etc. for each channel
- 12-segment LED display showing time location of your project in either SMPTE or BBT format.
- 18 assignable buttons
- Jog wheel shuttle for fast search and control
- Illuminated buttons for each channel including Rec-enable, Solo, Mute, Select and Monitor
- 6 illuminated transport buttons including Play, Stop, Rec, Rewind, Fast forward and Loop
- Illuminated zoom key with 4 direction keys
- 9 illuminated assignable MIDI function buttons
- Expandable to 32-channels control surface with 3 units of Qcon EX
- Expansion slot for iCON's “Umix" series USB audio interface card
- User A & User B RCA connectors for connecting with pedals
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit) and Mac OS X (IntelMac)
- USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
- Mackie control build-in for Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro and Abelton Live
- Mackie HUI protocol build-in for Pro Too
- User self-define mode (MIDI Learn) for other DAW such as Sonar
- Firmware upgrade available simply via USB connection and iMap software
- Template overlays are included for different popular DAWs such as Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro and Abelton Live
- Robust aluminum and metal casing with Kensington lock port
If the QCon Pro isn't enough for you on its own, there are also two impressive expansion options; the Icon QCon EX fader expander and the Icon UMix Satellite 1008 audio interface.
Optional Expansion: Icon QCon EX
The Icon QCon EX is the perfect addition to the QCon Pro for those needing more channels. With a footprint that allows it to slot in right next to the QCon Pro, the QCon EX adds a further 8 channels with touch-sensitive motorised faders, LED metering, encoder knobs, buttons and an LCD display.
Up to 3 QCon EX modules can be connected to your main QCon Pro for a total array of 32 channels.
At the rear of the QCon Pro is a recessed slot designed to neatly accommodate the Icon UMix Satellite 1008.
The UMix is a high-quality 24-bit, 192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with drivers for both Windows and Mac OS. It comprises a total of 10 discrete inputs and 8 outputs, including:
- x8 microphone/instrument preamps with individual gain control and phantom power
- x8 balanced line inputs on TRS jack
- x6 balanced line outputs on TRS jack
- SPDIF I/O
- x2 headphone outputs with individual volume control
- MIDI I/O
The UMix Satellite 1008 even doubles up as a portable standalone interface when not plugged into the Qcon; perfect for when you're recording outside of your own studio.
- USB (standard type)
- 12V / 6A DC
- QCon Pro only = 3A or less
- QCon Pro (with Icon UMix Satellite installed) = 6A or less
- 7.0 kg (15.4 lb)
- 510 (L) x 475 (W) x 82 (H) mm
- 20.1 (L) x 18.7 (W) x 3.2 (H) inches
Operating System Compatibility
|Operating System||Compatible (Yes/No)|
|Mac OS 10.5(Intel CPU/32-bit/64-bit)||Yes|
|Mac OS 10.8(Intel CPU/32-bit)||Yes|
|Mac OS 10.8(Intel CPU/64-bit)||Yes|
|Mac OS X 10.9||Yes|
|Mac OS X 10.10||Yes|
|Windows XP (32-bit)||Yes|
|Windows XP (64-bit)||Yes|
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Yes|
|Windows 7 (64-bit)||Yes|
|Windows 8 (32-bit)||Yes|
|Windows 8 (64-bit)||Yes|
|Windows 10 (32-bit)||Yes|
|Windows 10 (64-bit)||Yes|