DBX 520 De-EsserDBX520
The DBX 520 will help you expertly tame the excessive sibilance often found in vocals and other high frequency dense material.
Based upon the legendary dbx 902, the dbx 520’s unique features make it possible to achieve an exact amount of de-essing regardless of variations in signal levels. The 520 allows you to create brilliant, crisp vocals without sibilance!
With its modular 500 Series based design, the dbx 520 examines the differences in dB between the high frequency and full-bandwidth portions of a signal, allowing de-essing of signals which change in level by as much as 60dB.
It features a Frequency Control with range from 800Hz to 8kHz, Gain Reduction Metering and a De-essing Amount Range from 0dB to 20dB.
Control vocals, drums, percussive instruments and problematic material/reverb combinations with the dbx 520!
- Based on the classic dbx 902
- Frequency Control Range from 800Hz to 8kHz
- Expanded Scale LED Gain Reduction Metering
- De-essing Amount Range from 0dB to 20dB
- In/Out Switch
- HF Mode Switch
- Input Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Input Impedance: 20 k Ω balanced, 10 k Ω unbalanced
- Max Input Level: +22 dBu
- CMRR: >40 dB; typically >55 dB at 1 kHz
- Output Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Impedance: Balanced 30Ω , unbalanced 15Ω
- Max Output Level: +22 dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz, + 0/-0.5dB; 14 Hz – 120 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Noise: <-99 dBu, Unweighted (22 Hz – 22 kHz)
- Power Requirements: +/- 16V DC
- Power Current Draw: 76 mA per power rail
- Power Draw: 2.4 watts
- Rack System Compatibility: 500 Series Compatible Power-frame
- Rack Space: 1 Slot
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.25” x 1.5” x 6” (13.34 cm x 3.81 cm x 15.24 cm)
- Weight: 1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 lbs (0.77 kg)