DBX 120A Subharmonic SynthDBX120A
The dbx 120A Subharmonic Synthesizer with Modelled Waveform Synthesis has been specially optimised by dbx engineers for the needs of audio professionals.
Its two separate bands of bass synthesis provide the best combination of smoothness and control, and the independent Low Frequency Boost circuit is designed to get the most out of high-performance low frequency speaker systems.
Flexible system interfacing is achieved by providing both 1/4î and RCA input connectors, along with main outputs which can be full range (including synthesis) or high frequency only, along with a separate subwoofer output with its own level control.
The 120A's patented subharmonic synthesis process actually builds the synthesised waveform using the waveshape of the original bass material. Unlike other attempts at bass synthesis, the dbx process produces smooth, musical low frequencies that don't interfere with mid and high-band information, even when maximum synthesis and boost are applied. The result is a low-end punch that people really feel, even at system levels that won't destroy sound equipment or damage hearing.
- Individual control for two ranges of subharmonic frequencies
- Separate Low Frequency Boost Circuit
- Separate Subwoofer Output
- 1/4" Balanced inputs and outputs
- RCA Input Connectors
- Front panel LEDs that show crossover status and synthesis activity
- Patented circuitry ensures that mid and high frequencies are not affected
- Built-in crossover with choice of 80Hz or 120Hz crossover point
- Enhance bass audio material for use in a veriety of professional applications such as: Nightclub and dance mixing. DJ Mixing, Theater and Film Sound, Music Recording, Live Music Performance' Broadcasting
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz ±0.5dB, (no synthesis, full-range mode) 15Hz-90kHz +0, -3dB
- Input Impedance: >= 40k ohm Bal or 20k ohm unbal. (1/4") 20k ohm (RCA)
- Maximum Input Level: +22dBu (1/4") +8.5dBV (RCA)
- Output Impedance: 100 ohm, Impedance balanced
- Maximum Output Level: +22 dBu into 600 ohm
- Connector Type: 1/4" TRS jacks (inputs and outputs) RCA inputs
- THD: 0.05% (no synthesis, either output)
- Output Noise: -88dBu, controls@max., 22Hz > 22kHz unweighted (full range output)
- Front Panel Controls: 26-36Hz and 36-56Hz Band Synthesis Level, Subharmonics, Low Frequency Boost, Subwoofer Output Crossover Frequency, Select, Crossover in/out
- Indicators: Power, Crossover, Bypass
- Metering: Synthesis activity (3 LEDs per band)
- Dynamic Range: 112dB
- Synthesis Frequency Range: 26-56Hz (from 54-110Hz input signal)
- Crossover: 12dB/octave high pass (-3dB @ 80 Hz or 120Hz); 6dB/octave derived low pass. Phase-coherent (unity-sum)
- Power Requirements: 100-120VAC; 50/60Hz DO Version, 220-240VAC; 50/60Hz EU Version
- Dimensions: 1.75"x19"x6.2" (4.5cm x 48.3cm x 15.75cm)
- Rack Space: 1 Rack Unit
- Weight: Net/shipping 4.75 lbs/8 lbs., 2.2kg/3.7kg