Black Lion Seventeen CompressorBL-SEVENTEEN
Seventeen is Black Lion Audio’s personalised take on the classic '76 limiting amplifier with the benefit of several useful modern appendages.
Designed in partnership with industry veteran Tobias Lindell of Lindell Audio, the Seventeen is capable of delivering nuance and detail surpassing that of almost all rival compressors in its category.
Under the hood Black Lion have included an IC-based front end, their own USA-made output transformer and a custom power decoupling design built on high-grade Nichicon capacitors, all supporting a fully discrete audio path. The result is a pristine airy top end and massive lows, all given room to breath by the Seventeen’s low noise floor.
Several key features sets the Seventeen apart from its rivals - most notably a wet/dry mix knob to allow blending of manipulated and original signals, separate high pass and low pass filters for ultimate tonal flexibility and a stereo link function for stereo daisy-chaining.
Exquisite on guitars, pianos, vocals and bass, a finer more versatile limiting amplifier for the money you’ll surely not find.
- Frequency-adjustable sidechain
- Mix knob (wet/dry)
- Independent highpass and lowpass filters
- IC-based front end
- Custom Black Lion output transformer
- Proprietary power decoupling
- Low noise floor
- High-grade Nichicon signal capacitors
- Stereo linkable
- Inspired by vintage '76 FET limiters
- Made in USA
- Rotary: Attack, Release, Comp Mix, Input, Output, HPF/LPF
- Ratio: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Inputs: 1x XLR
- Outputs: 1x XLR
- Sidechain:Frequency adjustable HPF
- Other: 1x RCA (link)
- Rackmountable: Yes (2U, 19")
- Power Supply: Standard IEC AC cable
Manufacturer: Black Lion Audio