Beyerdynamic M 99BEYM99
The M 99 is a dynamic moving coil microphone of studio quality with its tailored frequency response suits many applications from instrument miking to on-air broadcasting.
Beyerdynamic's TG-X technology used in the M 99 features a strong neodymium magnet system and a mass reduced special Hostaphan® diaphragm to give the microphone a powerful reproduction with excellent transient characteristics. The frequency response is extremely linear and guarantees audio quality which has until now, only been achieved by using high-quality condenser microphones.
The frequency select switch at the base of the microphone allows three settings of equalisation, linear and two optimised settings for vocals and instrument miking. A second switch is for presence accentuation. This allows further adjustment for close miking techniques or kick drum miking.
The hypercardioid polar pattern helps to eliminate feedback in live applications and allows a good separation between different instruments. The microphone can operate at very high sound pressure levels without loss of sound quality and virtually no distortion.
The M 99's die cast casing is made of aircraft grade aluminium and finished with an attractive metallic varnish.
- Extremely linear frequency response
- Switchable presence accentuation and equalisation for bass drum
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Integrated elastic suspension
- Rugged construction
- Transducer type: Moving coil (dynamic)
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Microphone frequency response: 30-18.000 Hz
- Dimensions: Length: 163 mm; Shaft diameter: 23/25 mm; Head diameter: 56 mm
- Net weight without packaging: 421 g