The Avantone BV-12 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone.
The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the fine vintage tube mics of the 1950's and 1960's...but at a fraction of their cost!
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. Any studio can proudly offer the BV-12 as a primary vocal mic...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
The versatile Avantone BV-12 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
This 9-Pattern Tube microphone has a dual 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies. Military grade -10dB pad and 80Hz roll off switches.
"Hand Selected" Russian made 6072A tube.
Uses include: Studio vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, piano, room mic, etc...
- Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
- The versatile BV-12 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
- The PS-1 power supply offers access not only to the above OMNI, CARDIOID, and FIGURE-8 patterns but also 6 "in-between" settings. Most vocals will be best suited to Cardioid pattern but you may experiment to satisfy yourself. The omni-mode works well in some rooms for ambient room mic usage.
- -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
- Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Avantone PS-1 Multi-Pattern Power Supply
- Mogami GoldStudio Pro 15' XLR Cable
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- Handcrafted wood side, tweed travel case
- Owner's Manual
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser
- Capsule: Dual-sided 34mm edge-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Polar Pattern/s: 9 Patterns selectable at PS-1 Power Supply
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL : 136dB (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent noise level 17dB (A weighted EC651)
- S/N Ratio re 1Pa : 78dB
- Sensitivity -38dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin with special power supply and cables
- High-Pass Switch 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch -10dB
- Included Accessories: Wood Box, Shockmount, 7-pin cable, Tweed Road Case, PS-1 Power Supply
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-1 Power Supply, 115/230VAC selectable
- Weight: .8kg / 1.8 lb.
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm (9.5" x 1.8")
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Buttercream Body