A wide range condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern, the ultra-smart U891RCx is equipped with local or remote switching options.
For flexible control in conference and boardroom installations, the unit's external contact closure ability allows a user to trigger an external device - a camera, for instance - from a switch on the microphone. Another ease-of-use feature: the microphone's electronic on-off switch can be set to three operating modes: touch-on/touch-off, press to talk, and press to mute.
The mic is also equipped an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter to reduce pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. Its red LED status indicator can be controlled remotely. UniGuard® innovations offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference; interchangeable elements are available in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns; a unique rotating PivotPoint® connector changes the cable exit point - no tools required. It requires 11 to 52V DC phantom power, which operates the microphone and switch circuitry.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- Ultra-quiet electronic switch can be set to any of three operating modes: "touch-on/ touch-off," "touch-to-talk" and "touch-to-mute"
- External contact closure capability permits control of remote devices from microphone switch
- External LED control allows for accurate depiction of the live status of the microphone
- PivotPoint® rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Small-diameter UniPoint® capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
|Element||Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser|
|Polar Pattern||Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)|
|Frequency Response||30 - 20,000 Hz|
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||-34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||130 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.|
|Low Frequency Roll Off||80 Hz, 18 dB/octave|
|Switches||Activation: on/off; Switch function: press
on/off, momentary on, momentary off;
Control: local, remote, LED remote; Flat,
|Dynamic Range||104 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|Phantom Power Requirements||11-52V DC, 4 mA typical|
|Dimensions||108.0 mm (4.25") maximum length, 84.0 mm (3.31") maximum width, 23.0 mm (0.91") maximum height|
|Cable||7.6 m (25.0') long, 3.2 mm (0.13") diameter, 5-conductor shielded cable (2 conductors under shield; 3 control wires outside shield); TA5F-type connector at microphone end, output end stripped and tinned for connection to electronic device|
|Accessories Included||Soft protective pouch|