The U853R cardioid condenser hanging microphone is ideal for speech, theatre, orchestra and choir sound and recording.
Equipped with UniGuard® innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference the U853R accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine® line cardioid polar patterns.
The battery or phantom powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter that reduces pickup of low frequency ambient noise.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Available in two colours: black (U853R) and white (U853RW)
- Element: Fixed charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: 42 dB (7.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: 43 dB (7.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 270 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 133 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 99 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8531 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter; battery
Manufacturer: Audio Technica