Featuring breakthrough audio and mechanical design innovations, the phantom-powered U851R offers outstanding speech intelligibility and transparent sound quality for surface-mount applications.
The microphone is equipped with a PivotPoint® rotating output connector, UniSteep® filter and UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology. It accepts interchangeable condenser elements available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns.
With a heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads to minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone, the U851R is equipped with self-contained electronics, eliminating the need for an external power module.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint® rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Available in two colours: black (U851R) and white (U851RW)
|Polar Pattern||Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)|
|Frequency Response||30 - 20,000 Hz|
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||-34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||134 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.|
|Low Frequency Roll Off||80 Hz, 18 dB/octave|
|Dynamic Range||108 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|Phantom Power Requirements||11-52V DC, 4 mA typical|
|Weight||9.2 oz (262 g)|
|Dimensions||4.25" (108.0 mm) long, 3.31" (84.0 mm) maximum width, 0.91" (23.0 mm) height|
|Cable||25.0' (7.6 m) long, 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F and XLRM-type connectors|
|Accessories Included||Soft protective pouch|